Tuesday 7 May 2019

Asking Myself Questions to Inform My Exhibition Choice

Exhibition space ideas can be hard to come up with and staring at a blank space is very intimidating, but something I've learnt throughout my time on the course is that breaking things down can usually get the absolute best results. A way I've decided to do this is to ask myself fundamental questions and really go back to the basics of idea forming...

What am I exhibiting?
A series of educational packages - clean, clear, informative, fun for a younger audience though.

What are the key themes of my work?
Technology. Modern life. Youth. Fun. Safety. Learning.

Where will I be exhibiting this?
Within a much larger show, in a pre-defined room - needs to stand out from other works. Strong, exciting, bold. But also needs to be wary of fitting tge space - mindful of neighbours, sensible about limitations.

Who am I showing my work to?
Anyone attending the degree show - most will have an interest in art in some way, so need to boost up the artistic side of the work. The attendees of focus for me - those interested in out of the box thinking, those interested in graphic design, those working with young people.

Who is the target market of my product?
Children in Key Stages 2, 3 & 4, and their teachers, predominantly.

Why is this work important to me as a creator?
Show off my passion for education, and my love and excitement for social media and the modern world. Maintain a sense of 'me' to the display.

No comments:

Post a Comment